Sunday, April 3, 2011

Romantic Sunset Beach Scenes

Enjoy and use these sunset beach scenes.  I used an Olypus X-920 digital camera to take these photographs.  I am not a photographer by profession.  The camera does it all.  There are a few things though that you can do to help take photographs like these.  Practice the rule of thirds.  Often there are three or more visual elements to a photograph.  The three most important elements can be incorporated into the visual scene of your photograph.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Public-Domain-Royalty-Free-Photographs-and-Printable-Images-for-Web-Pages-and-Hard-Copy-Media
As an example, let's say you want to take a beautiful picture of a beach or sunset.  Consider framing into your photograph one third of the sky, one third of the horizon and one third of the space of the beach or sea into your photograph.  The nature photography photograph, when taken in this way will provide a harmonious balance of the three primary elements in view.

The photograph I took above does not follow the one third rule I mentioned above.  I wanted to catch the primary topic of the photo, which was the setting sun, just as it was being absorbed into the sea.  So the sun appears to be only a small part of the photograph, perhaps one tenth of the entire photo.  The sand and the sky take up approximately 40% each respectively in terms of photo framing space.

I took about twenty minutes lining up this shot.  I had to find a place that would be relatively free of obstructions when the instant to shoot the photo occured.  Every now and then there were passing horsemen, people wondering on the beach from a nearby village and dogs that could have led to distraction.  If I were out of sight there would be less opportunity for a distraction to occur when the time came to shoot occured.

View one of my 300 blogs and more photos here on my Hubpages at 
http://hubpages.com/hub/-Top-Ten-Google-Adsense-Earning-Websites

No comments: